Cop or Drop? Edition 2

https://youtu.be/PZsTLMJ3XtQ

Jayson Fernbacher, Staff Writer

December is right around the corner. This year has been unforgettable in terms of style, fashion and sneakers. Yeezy and Adidas popularity skyrocketed, Jordan is about to release more of their coveted sneakers, and smaller brands are doing more collaborations. As the year comes to a close, brands such as Supreme, Nike, Adidas and more, make a push to release desirable pieces.

images-2 images-1 imgres-1

Credit: Adidas

What’s Releasing: Bape × Adidas Collab

Cop or Drop: Cop

Items: NMD shoes ($150), Zip-up Jacket ($280), Sweater (NA)

The NMD model is straight flames and this shoe does not disappoint. The camouflage print makes the shoe really pop. However, I am not a huge fan of the black version as it is too simple and looks similar to many other NMD colorways. If you are into runners, this is a must cop. The boost technology used in the sole of the shoe is ridiculously soft and comfortable. These shoes will release with clothing as well:  one zip-up jacket and a sweater. Both items match the camouflage shoes. The sweater and jacket are unique and attractive pieces. If you can only buy one on release day, then cop the camo shoes, not the black ones. However, the clothing is expensive, so price point is definitely something to keep in mind when deciding to cop.

shoes-air-jordan-9-ix-playoff-2002-302370-101-2_largejordan-11-space-jamimgres-2

Credit: Jordan

What’s Releasing: Space Jam Collection

Cop or Drop: Cop

Items: Space Jam pack, Jordan 9s, Clothing collection

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the renowned movie Space Jam, that released in the month of December in 1996. In the game versus the notorious Monstars Jordan debuted the Space Jam Jordan 11s, the most iconic sneakers ever. The 11s are the most legendary pair of shoes in the Jordan line and the Space Jams are a great colorway. The subtle details like the backwards Jumpman and the 45 on the back make the shoe unique and eye catching. The 11s are a cop for sure.  The Playoff Jordan 9s also release, which Jordan wore in the Playoffs and in the scene where the Looney Tunes have their first practice in the gym together with Jordan. This sneaker is executed nicely and is a cop if you are a fan of Jordans or the movie. Lastly, there is one piece of clothing that is fashionable, which is the Toons Squad Jordan jersey. The jersey is stylish and a perfect piece of clothing to show off the guns you’ve been working on all fall in the weight room.

imgres                                             imgres-3

Credit: Supreme

What’s Releasing: Supreme Box Logo Sweatshirts

Cop or Drop: Cop

Items: Different colorways of the sweatshirt

Call me a Hypebeast (someone who only likes things because they are popular), but these bogo (box-logo) sweatshirts are heat. Supreme is easily one of the most popular streetwear brands and possibly the most influential. The bogo design is their most sought after pieces and understandably so. As the weather gets, as Lil Yachty would say, “Cold like Minnesota”, the sweatshirt is the perfect option and these jackets go with everything. Supreme sweatshirts are swagalicious and these sweatshirts in particular are no exception. The eight jackets are saucy, making them a must cop.