The Tasty Treats of Trick-or-Treating

MCT/J. Trevino

Libby Dunne, Staff Writer

Halloween is the holiday of candy, so when choosing which kind to give out to trick-or-treaters, one need to explore many options. Mirador looks at some of Miramonte student’s favorite candies for Halloween. So if your mom is going to Costco this weekend to buy Halloween candy, make sure to tell her which types to buy.

Reeses: Reeses peanut butter cups are the perfect candy to give to trick-or-treaters because they are delicious. They are also the perfect size where one per kid is enough, so you don’t have to buy a ton of candy so to give more than one to each trick-or-treater.

“My favorite Halloween candy is definitely Reeses, because they are really tasty, and the packaging is orange and black, the Halloween colors,” junior Natalie Wright said.

Snickers: This chocolate and nut candy bar is a childhood favorite, and any kid would be thrilled to get one on Halloween. They also come in “bite sized” bars perfect for giving to young children.

“I like Snickers because the chocolate, nut, and peanut butter make one delicious bar of salty, sugary and chewy goodness,” junior Ceci Gee said.

M&Ms: M&Ms also come in small packages during October so there is the perfect amount of M&Ms per package. These classic chocolates are always a hit, and are a highlight in anyone’s Halloween candy stash.