Performers for Progress Pleases Crowds, Raises Funds

Elena Wasserman, Staff Writer

From singing to dancing, magic tricks to playing an instrument, Performers for Progress pleased all with two talent-packed nights that raised money for the charity organization Juma. Performers for Progress is a non-profit, student-run organization that puts on performances for charity twice a year. Juma helps raise money for kids’ and education.
Along with supporting a good cause students were able to enjoy an amazing showcase of talent on Oct. 11 and 12. With a wide variety of talent no one knew what to expect. Juniors Daniel Cook, Daniel Estopinal, Dylan Watson and senior Ryan Coletta played the goofy roles of the MCs which made both nights even more enjoyable. While introducing acts that included the CAPA girls’ dance routine, junior Will Livingston and senior Erik McDonald’s guitar rock out, sophomore Sam Shain’s ballad performance, the MCs energized the crowd and encouraged them to donate to Juma.
Co-Producers of Performers for Progress junior Amrita Newton and senior Anna Boer organized two great nights and had a blast doing it. “It was a lot of fun both nights and we are very happy with how it all turned out,” Newton said.
“Performers for Progress was a really fun event and I enjoyed watching all of my fellow students showing off their talents,” junior Claire Ramer said. “It was even more fun because I knew that I was contributing to a good cause.”
Hoping to reach a goal of $4,000 PerforPro went above and beyond, raising a total of $6,000. “I am really proud of all the performers and audience members who helped us reach our goal,” Boer said.  “It was a lot of work but it was definitely worth it.”
There will be another production of Performers for Progress in the spring on April 12 and 13.