Quirky Scholarships Up for Grabs

Quirky Scholarships Up for Grabs

Ali Pietrykowski and Julia Hass, Photo Editor, Managing Editor

Duct Tape’s “Stuck at Prom” Scholarship: Students can win a $3,000 scholarship for crafting their prom attire soley out of duct tape.

The Michigan Llama Association Scholarship: Students whose parents are members of the Michigan Llama Association can apply for a $500 college scholarship that can be renewed as many as three times.

American Nudist Research Library Scholarship: Sunsport Gardens Family Naturist Resort rewards $1,000 to a high school senior with at least three years of membership in a nudist organization. We know it’s exciting, don’t get your knickers in a knot! Oh wait… you’re not wearing any.

AACT’s John Kitt Memorial Scholarship: Sponsored by the American Association of Candy Technologists, this scholarship is given to college sophomores, juniors and seniors who are interested in confectionery technology.

National Marbles Tournament Scholarship: After competing against the top marble shooters in the country in a four-day tournament in Wildwood, New Jersey, top winners are given scholarships that range anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000.

Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest: The winner of this contest takes home a scholarship worth $2,000 for being the best duck caller around town.

Common Knowledge Scholarship: This scholarship awards up to $5,000 to the student who successfully answers questions designed to test students’ knowledge of random and seemingly useless facts.

Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship: High school students can receive a $1,000 scholarship for college by devising a plan on where to hide and which five items they would use in order to survive a zombie apocalypse. The student with the best plan wins not only money for college but also the assurance that their plan will assist in protecting them from said apocalypse.