Vitality Bowl Rolls Into Walnut Creek

Andrew Johnston, Staff Writer

A hot new trend that opened in Walnut Creek of April in 2013 is a huge success. Vitality Bowl offers a variety of healthy yet dessert oriented smoothies and snack-like plates.

Students at Miramonte like going there including junior Alex Eberle who said “They basically serve healthy desserts. It is a very good thing to get if you don’t want a full meal and have money to spend.” Eberle goes after rugby  practice every Friday and gets the dragon bowl which includes an organic layer of strawberries with bananas and other fruits on top.

The popular acai bowls contain no ice, no frozen yogurt, no added sugar, preservatives and no trans-fats. Most of the ingredients are organic depending on the season. What is a vitabowl? A cold metal bowl filled primarily with berry sorbet topped with fruits/nuts/granola/ and other healthy add ins. It’s not really a meal meaning that it doesn’t fill the average person up however a vitabowl is refreshing and tasty.

“It’s not just an acai bowl; its mineral rich ingredients fresh,” Vitality Bowl’s manager said. “We specialize in making quality, great tasting and affordable acai bowls, invigorating smoothies and delicious panini. an acai bowl is a dish originating from ancient brazil and features the Amazon’s rare acai berry which is the staple in all our bowls and smoothies, due to the incredible high vitamin content and health benefits the acai berry offers.”

Yes they are pricey, but they claim to use healthy organic ingredients. It is very time intensive to make a bowl from scratch, but the toppings they use are so fresh and delicious that every bowl is worth the effort.