Photo by Laura Chouette on Unsplash
The origin of April Fools’ Day is a mystery that is buried in centuries of history. Some historians believe that April Fools’ Day was created in 1582 when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, changing the start of the new year from April 1 to January 1. The “Fools” part of the day is thought to have come from people not understanding the information about the switch of the new year causing them to celebrate April 1 as the start of the new year. Despite the confusing history, April Fools’ Day is celebrated all around the world, even in the Miramonte Community, and is a day embraced with many jokes and pranks. Coming up with great pranks can be difficult, so here is a list of safe pranks that you can pull on your family and friends.
1. Glitter Bomb: Everyone knows what glitter is, for many it is a staple of their childhood. The sparkly and decorative confetti is sure to make a big mess that is a pain to clean. There are many ways to incorporate glitter into a prank. If it is a hot day, try placing glitter on top of the ceiling fan, so when the person turns on the fan glitter will go flying everywhere.
2. All wrapped up: If you really want to annoy your friends or family members, try wrapping their most used items in packs of rubber bands or duct tape. This trick will be sure to make the person very angry and the best part is seeing how long their patience will last.
3. Key Switch: Nowadays people use their computers everyday, especially students because of online learning. By carefully prying off the keys on a keyboard you will have the ability to mess with a person’s typing the whole day. Once you get the keys off of the keyboard, you will be able to switch the letters around. Most people have not memorized where all of the keys are exactly on the keyboard, they may know the general area, so when they go to press an “m” for example and the screen keeps presenting a “n”, their minds will surely be scrambled.
4. App Scramble: If you have access to your friend’s phone and happen to know their password, this could be the prank for you. With the new iOS update, iPhone users have the ability to change the icon of the apps. Once you get onto the phone, go to shortcuts and adjust all of the icon pictures on the home screen. Now when the person you’re pranking tries to find apps on their phone they will have no idea which is which.
5. Toilet Toubkal: This prank is primarily for family members, but if you can creepily get into someone’s house without them seeing you I guess you could use it for that too. Everyone uses the toilet, and therefore everyone should use toilet paper. For this prank you have to hide all of the toilet paper in the house. Simply go into every bathroom and closet which might contain toilet paper and hide it somewhere no one will look. Then when someone goes to the bathroom they will be stuck on the toilet screaming “Can someone get me toilet paper?” This joke is very cruel, yet it will get the whole house running around like rats.