Pranksters from the Past Leave Their Mark

M. Coupin

Cassidy Waters and Alison Pietrykowski, Staff Writers

Over the years, Miramonte seniors have taken part in a variety of pranks on both the staff and the student body. Ranging from food fights to campouts, these creative (though sometimes cruel and gross) pranks allow the senior class to leave their legacy and ensure that their class will never be forgotten. Often though, the only mark they leave is on their student record!

Class of 1977

These seniors smashed potatoes into the locks of all the lockers on the first day of school so students couldn’t open them.

Class of 1977

The seniors stole the golf flags from OCC and set them up on the senior lawn. They played golf during brunch and lunch and sometimes even skipped class to play.

Class of 1994

A staff favorite, this senior class made the quad into a monopoly board where students could enjoy a life-size version of the game.

Class of 2003

One the first day of school these seniors tried to block the enterance to the junior lot with cement blocks. Luckily the cement didn’t set and the blocks were easily removed by the janitors.

Class of 2003

Using coach Wade’s scissor lift, the football team put tires on the flagpole and spray painted Class of 2003 onto the tires.

Class of 2004

These seniors let thousand of crickets go by the veding machine, which just so happened to be where all the freshman would hang out at brunch and lunch.

Class of 2007

On the first day of school many confused students struggled to find their classrooms for the seniors had painted over the classroom numbers. Senior girls also passed out Miramonte Laws, dressed as police women.

Class of 2008

At the Welcome Back Rally the seniors threw cartons of bugs, adult videos, tortillas, and water balloons at underclassmen.

Class of 2008

After the seniors said goodbye to all the teachers at the end of the year rally, they waited outside the gym and when all the other students went to lunch they sprayed them with water guns and threw water balloons at them.

Class of 2011

One morning students and staff arrived to find the quad covered in tents and sleeping bags, for the seniors had spent the night on the quad.