Best Dressed Students

Hannah Friel and Kenyon Watson, Staff Writers

Mirador found Miramonte’s best dressed students of the year. These students told us their fashion secrets, their favorite shops and their inspirations for such amazing styles.

Nick Coufal (Junior): I like to go for the east coast look. Preppy, like Chuck Bass.

Couf_smud-cutout pg 10

Clay Smudsky (Junior): Look good, feel good. I like wearing nice clothes, I don’t like wearing sweatpants or sweatshirts. I like to dress classy.

Maddie O’Shea (Junior): It’s really become a lifestyle for me. I love pearls and sweaters, and definitely my top­siders. Button up shirts are a must. My style is classy, fresh and fabulous.

Paige Powell (Junior): Most everything of mine is from my dad’s closet or thrift town. I don’t like paying full price for anything. I like to dress unique; I don’t like to wear what everyone else wears.

Forest Castillo (Freshman): I like scarves. I really like boots as well, and skinny jeans, leather jackets. My style in one word is: urban.

Michael Yang (Sophomore): I like the European style.

John Sommerville (Senior): The way I pick my clothes is I look at them and I say ‘Hey man, are those chill or what?’ I really like shopping at Swell.

Amrita Newton (Junior): I feel like my style is kind of simple, but then there’s always one thing that is really weird or interesting. So when you put simple and interesting together, then it creates a really cool look.

Maddy Miller (Junior): I don’t have a specific style. I just follow a lot of style blogs online and what celebrities like Kendall and Kylie Jenner wear and I get ideas from that.

Lolo Bashin­Sullivan (Sophomore): I love denim, The Peter Pan collar is a favorite and high­waisted pants. My style really varies on my mood. I can be really preppy or I could be try hard.

Esther Shin: My style has a lot of variety, so it can go from wearing comfy clothes and making it look cute with patterned jeans, or it can come from more of an edgy look. It depends more on how I’m feeling.

Kendal Taylor (Senior): I’m inspired by difference music that I listen to and TV shows that I watch. I also really like stores like Free People, Urban Outfitters and Brandy Melville.

Ching Fang (Junior): I like to wear dresses, and I go to Urban Outfitters a little way too much.

Colin Bean (Sophomore): I would describe style as casual hipster and semi cutting-edge. I like to shop at Swell, J. Crew and Urban Outfitters. I get my inspiration from my brother, who is a total hipster. My favorite article of clothing is my green jacket with forest animals in the hood.