Juniors Finally Become Seniors

Juniors Finally Become Seniors

Bailey Smith, Staff Writer

For the junior class, our most stressful year has finally come to a close. We’ve reached the point where we can wave farewell to the endless stress revolving around the SATs and Subject Tests.
Of course, next year we’ll still continue with our extra curricular activities and have AP testing, but thankfully it won’t be happening all at once. Our second semester will be much less stressful without having to worry about the SATs and Subject Tests. Besides, being a second semester senior is a stress reliever in and of itself.

Next year, we’ll finally be at the top of the heap. Many of us can’t wait to be seniors. First semester, as we begin applying to colleges, we may experience the ghost of the stress we felt as juniors, but hopefully, it will be more exciting than stressful. Second semester, well, who isn’t looking forward to being a second semester senior?
“I can’t wait to be a second semester senior, and just a senior in general,” junior Claire Ramer said. “It’ll be nice being able to go to sleep before midnight every once in awhile.”
Many juniors spent their year staying up into the wee hours of the morning; after coming home from extra curricular activities around nine, trying to finish school homework, SAT homework and fitting in time to eat and sleep, were not always easy tasks.

“I definitely spent more than one night a week staying up until 2 a.m. I’m relieved junior year is ending; I can’t wait for summer and then senior year.” junior Ariel Mclean said.  “Then again, it’s all happening so fast. I wish it would all just slow down a little.”

There are mixed feelings about becoming seniors – not everyone is sitting on the edges of their seats with anticipation. For some, it will be a bittersweet experience.

“I can’t believe how fast high school has been going. I’m excited to be a senior, of course, but I don’t want the year to fly by. I’m not ready to say goodbye to everyone yet,” junior Olivia Warner said. “I still think we need to savor this time we have, and not squander it by obsessing over the future.”
It’s hard to fathom the fact that we’re nearly done with high school. Just yesterday it seemed like we were walking across the stage in front of the Isola at O.I.S, “graduating” from eighth grade. Before we know it, we’ll be graduating high school.
“Surprisingly [high school] has gone by really fast! It’s weird to think that in about a year I’ll be in college, when freshman year still seems so close. I want high school to end, but at the same time, I’m scared to leave,” junior Mali Tehaney said.
Becoming seniors will be bitter and sweet. It’s sad to think that all too soon, we’ll be out in the world on our own. But simultaneously, there are the feelings of excitement and anticipation.

For now, let’s just focus on summer and our fabulous senior year. We can put off worrying about the future for a later date. After all, isn’t procrastination what our junior year revolved around?