Counseling Update

Davis Walker, Staff Writer

For the 2012-2013 school year, the Miramonte Counseling Office has two new additions to their staff.

Allyson Vesce, Miramonte’s new psychologist, has experience in the Lamorinda area having worked at both Lafayette Elementary School and Stanley Middle School in Lafayette.

Vesce received an undergraduate degree in psychology at California State University, Chico,  followed by her master’s degree in counseling psychology at nearby Saint Mary’s College.

“I love helping people and students, so this is the perfect profession for me,” Vesce said.

The new counselor, Erika Vasquez, has a similar background to Vesce, having worked at nearby schools like Acalanes, Foothill, Amador, and Alta Loma.

Vasquez began as a family consumer science teacher in Naperville, Illinois after receiving her teaching degree at Illinois State. Vasquez went on to earn her school counseling degree at San Francisco State, after which she started her counseling career in the Bay Area.

“I got a lot of one-on-one time with the students while teaching consumer science,” Vasquez said. “ I really enjoyed this and it led me towards a job in counseling.”

Former Miramonte psychologist Emily Reichardt and counselor Anne Schonauer have both moved to Acalanes for the current school year.