Lafayette Holds 17th Annual Art and Wine Festival

Ellie Poling

Miramonte english teacher casually poses with festive clown.

Ellie Poling, Staff Writer

The 17th annual Lafayette Art and Wine Festival was held last weekend.

Around 200,000 people attend the festival on average each year. According to the Lafayette Art and Wine Official Website, every year there are over 250 arts and crafts booths. While browsing local artists work, attendees also sampled from the abundance of foods and  variety of beer and wine.

Adults paid for drink tickets at the 7 ticket booths dispersed throughout the festival. Beer and wine glasses could also be purchased separately for 6 dollars each. All the proceeds benefited the Lafayette Partners in Education.

In addition to festivities for the adults, there was a special kids zone fully equipped with jumpy houses, face painting, puppets and a variety of other activities.

“Our favorite part of the festival was finding a booth that had really awesome homemade signs for our rooms,” said Miramonte students Arielle Carona ‘15 and Kathryn Peterson ‘15.

As far as music was concerned, there were two main stages that bands played at, the Bank of the West Wine Stage and the Art Stage.

“Bands are chosen by our entertainment director Brian Aiello. Selected bands play in the Covers Cup held at Red House in Walnut Creek. The winner gets the opening act on one of the main stages, this year the winning band was Fleetwood Mask,” said Teri McDonald a contributor to the Core committee.

“I’ve been a life long resident here in Lamorinda and the festival draws me in every year, something about the energy and cultural appeal keeps me coming back year after year,” said Miramonte graduate Dan Lapporte.