Homecoming Update

Kaitlin Fenn, Staff Writer

Tuesday’s Homecoming theme was “Under Arrest.” Grades were able to add more points to their Spirit Cup total by wearing orange, stripes, or dressing up as police officers. Students also received prizes for finding laminated handcuffs around school.

During yesterday’s  “Under the Sun,” many activities took place on the quad. Students participated in beach volleyball and bocce ball games. Students and teachers also wore hawaiian shirts, bro tanks, leis, and wetsuits to show their spirit.

Today’s theme was “Under a Spell.” Wizards, fairies, and princesses were abundant throughout the halls. The juniors crushed the seniors 16-0 during lunch in the championship Powder Puff game.

Tomorrow is the final day of Homecoming Week, “Under the Big Top!” Freshmen are encouraged to wear red, sophomores yellow, juniors green, and seniors black. The Homecoming Rally will be after fourth period in the big gym.

Leadership will be hosting a carnival at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow before the football game, so come early for some pie and fun. The game versus Dougherty Valley starts at 7 p.m. Homecoming royalty will be announced during halftime. The final nominees are:
Junior Girls: Maddie O’Shea, Anna Finnell, and Kate Wolffe
Junior Guys: Jeff Lee, Hank Larsen, and Patrick Huston
Senior girls: Kendall Kovalik, Tina Romak, and Laura Rosas
Senior guys: Griffin Schram, Brian De Luna, and Tyler Hanson

Spirit Cup Update: The juniors are in first place with 590 points, seniors in second with 556, freshmen in third with 361, and finally the sophomores with 338.