Walnut Creek Welcomes Anthropologie

Molly Swain, Sofia Marinac, Staff Writers

On Sept. 14, the popular clothing store Anthropologie opened in downtown Walnut Creek. The Mt. Diablo Blvd. and Locust St. location is bustling with busy holiday shoppers this time of year.

With its stately wooden sign and towering glass walls, the new store is the perfect combination of modern and classic, not to mention the prime parking lot right out front.

Even after crazed Black Friday shoppers rampaged the store, Anthropologie seems to have survived. The floor plan has been organized with taste and decorated with plenty of festive cheer.

There was a lot of buzz in Walnut Creek about the grand opening in September, but many shoppers living outside the city didn’t hear about the hot new location until recently, just in time for holiday wish lists. Junior Ariel McLean was one of these shoppers.

“What? Anthropologie in Walnut Creek? That’s so smart of them. Everyone loves the store and that’s such a good location. Before if I wanted to shop there I’d have to go all the way to San Francisco. I can’t believe I didn’t hear about this sooner,” McLean said.

But if you don’t have cash burning a hole in your pocket this year, Anthropologie is still the perfect place to window shop. Its unique inner architecture and creative displays are perfect for those who love to look but wouldn’t dare touch. And for our shopaholics, make sure and check the sale rack first. There’s always a gem or two hidden in the separated sale room, especially in regards to home goods.

Anthropologie, Free People, and Urban Outfitters are all owned by the same company. They are all conveniently located in Walnut Creek, resulting in convenience for all holiday shoppers.

“I know I can count on Anthropologie to find the perfect gifts for friends and family,” sophomore Mariel Salem said. “It’s always really tasteful and cute. Also, I didn’t know that it’s owned by the same company as Free People and Urban Outfitters. That’s so funny because they’re all in Walnut Creek.”

1556 Mount Diablo Blvd.

Walnut Creek CA

Mon-Sat 10am-9pm

Sunday 11am-6pm