Let it Glow and Let it go

Mirador Editors Meghan Rogers and Ellie Poling have a blast rocking out to sweet jams at the back to school dance.

J. Meckes

Ellie Poling and Meghan Rogers, Editor in Chief and Opinion Editor

Students are having fun, the music is popping, but there is something different in the air at the “Let It Glow” dance than past welcome back dances.

For one, the stage is raised and our loving teens can’t harass the DJ as easily as past years. But this is no matter, sweat is dripping and people are breaking their glow sticks to splatter their strangely enticing chemicals with their ghostly green glow across the floor. Vaguely wondering if this is a health concern, students brush their worries to the side for the night and let loose. As prescribed by the leadership class, almost all students rock their white clothing, which succeed in augmenting the black lights.

Another unusual addition to the night of fun was the football game taking place before the dance. This gave students some time to get spirited and pumped up for the dance, something that was especially needed after the tiring five day-long first week.

Students were able to cheer and dance their troubles away, living up to the theme of the dance to “let it go”. With all their first week troubles gone, students are ready to take on the exciting year of high school ahead of them.