Miramonte Players Tackle TMLMTBGB

Miramonte Players rehearse for the spring play.

Rebecca Gluck, News Editor

This year’s spring play, “Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind,” runs today and tomorrow, May 21 to May 22, in the Miramonte theater.

Based on the plays originally performed by a group called the Neo-Futurists, a popular experimental theater company, the Miramonte Players’ goal is to perform 30 plays in 60 minutes.

There are 40 numbers on a clothesline pinned above the stage, each number representing a different scene. Audience members will be given “menus,” or programs, from which they will choose a scene out of the 40 possible and will yell out a number that corresponds to a certain scene. The Players will perform the scene after quickly rummaging through a chest containing props, and the process will repeat until intermission.

“The show is exciting because it’s different every night and no one knows what scene is going to get called,” junior Noel McGuire said.

After the intermission, the audience will come back for “dessert,” meaning student-written works. For these plays, the audience will not choose the order in which the scenes are performed.
If the show sells out, the Players promise to order pizza for the entire theater.

Shows start at 7 p.m. and tickets are on sale on the Miramonte Web Store now or at the door.