Miramonte Falls to Analy

Eugene Goodreault, Staff Writer

Miramonte falls to Analy 41-34 at home this past Friday in a nail-bitter.

Both offenses were on display throughout the match, but it was Analy who made the critical stop at the end. After the Analy Tigers scored with two minutes left in the fourth quarter on a 27-yard pass from quarterback Darin Newman ‘13 to receiver Aaron Maher ‘13, they forced the Matadors to a turnover on downs, which clinched the game.

After leading 20-13 at the half, Analy faced their first deficit in the third quarter from a goal line touchdown by Mac Lavis 14’ which gained the Matadors the lead.

However, the Tigers stayed persistent and scored a touchdown with 7:20 left to tie the game and from then on, never looked back.

“We came off of a big win and I think we were a little too confident,” said Team Captain Marshall Duetz 13’.

Although suffering from a disappointing loss, Miramonte quarterback Nick Sheehan 13’ had another terrific performance, throwing for 383 yards and two touchdowns. Receiver Zati Williams ‘13 was equally impressive as he caught 12 passes for 213 yards and one touchdown.

“We started out pretty flat and didn’t recover until after halftime when we took the lead in the third quarter. We couldn’t hold it though. It was disappointing. We played well but there’s a lot of room for improvement and we need to get a good week of practice in so we can bounce back.”

You can catch the Mats back in action this Friday at 7:00 p.m. playing at to Alameda High School.