Miramonte Girl’s Tennis Recap

Jeremy O'Neill, Staff Writer

8/25/2016

Miramonte defeats Freedom 8-1

On a warm afternoon out in Oakley, the Miramonte girl’s tennis team was successful in an easy victory in their season opener against Freedom High School. This was a solid start to the season in a non-league match with a strong score of 8-1. With no captains present, this was a chance for young players, especially those in the very strong singles lineup, to showcase their talents.

9/9/2016-9/10/2016

Miramonte at James Logan Invitational Tournament

The Miramonte girl’s tennis team had a difficult time at their first major tournament of the season at James Logan High School. They lost to Foothill High 0-7 in their opening match, which was followed up by a close 3-4 defeat to Mission San Jose. The team finished the tournament with another loss to Tamalpais High School. Girls hope that this tournament will prepare them for a difficult regular season in the new Diablo Athletic League. said, “Even though we got killed, I think my players learned some valuable lessons. We have to go out and compete no matter who is on the other side of the net,” said Miramonte tennis coach Michael McCollom

The Lady Mats will host College Park in their first DFAL match of the season at 3:30 on Thursday, September 22nd. “It’s nice that we have some really good freshmen and a lot of young talent overall”, said senior and captain Lucy Stenovec. “The singles lineup is going to be very strong this year which is always helpful.”