Who Will Be Asked, That is the Question

MCT/R. Rodriguez

Elena Wasserman, Staff Writer

Most people that know any junior would think that with AP classes, the PSAT, and college visits to their favorite schools, work is all that we think about. This may or may not be true, but it’s definitely not for the girls. We have much better things on our minds: junior prom.

What’s the theme going to be? What shoes should I wear? What dress should I wear? Who ON EARTH should I get ready with?! And of course, the most important question of all: what hunky man is going to have the honor of asking me to this glorious event.

For us junior girls, this whole process starts the second we step foot into high school. From being a mere freshmen to a big senior, no matter what, all girls stress and cry about getting asked to junior prom. It sure doesn’t help that junior year is quite possibly most stress provoking time any of us have ever been forcibly put through.

It’s your junior year and you don’t only want to be asked, you absolutely, 1001% need  to be asked. Junior year is the year for you, you are going to J-Prom no matter what, so getting a date is pretty important. Many girls say that they don’t need to be asked, they don’t care that much, and it’s not a big deal, but deep down every girl’s dream is for that one special boy to walk up to her in the middle of the quad with a big teddy bear, roses, and chocolate in hand and get on one knee and ask, “Will you go to prom with me?” Other than getting proposed to this is a moment that a girl is going to remember for the rest of her life.

Most would logically think that juniors stress about prom in springtime when it’s more reasonable because the event is close by, but oh no, they are sadly, sadly mistaken because that is the farthest from the truth than physically possible. Since the end of sophomore year, girls have not only been thinking about junior prom at least every 30 seconds, but they probably also already have multiple candidate dresses and have been fantasizing about the big ask, hoping to get one.

To boys this must seem completely absurd. They probably would even be thinking to themselves that girls are crazy for being the stressed ones, it’s not like we’re the ones asking. But boys you are most definitely mistaken. Not only do you get to ask at your leisure, you also have an almost 100% guarantee of getting a yes due to the fact that all girls want a date, not caring if they are one fish, two fish, red fish, or blue fish.

The wait is on for junior girls. Homecoming is close in view, so what better way to test the waters and see if there are any candidate boys out there? I see many flowers and chocolates being handed out in the future, but who will they be for?