Baseball Takes On Campo, Dublin

Drew Anderson, Staff Writer

It was a big week for the Mats as they took on Dublin on Tuesday, and Rival Campo on Thursday. The team extended their record to 4-3-1, with a big twelve to six win against Dublin, and a tough three to one loss against Campo.

On Tuesday, the Mats started the game with Andrew Rosenzweig 14’ who threw six solid innings. Matt Cobley 13’ closed the game and helped the Mats hang on to a twelve six win. Bennett Stehr 14’ had a big game with two RBI’s along with Matt Metheny who had a RBI of his own, and two runs. With the win, the Mats are now three and two at home.

Thursday the Mats traveled to Moraga to take on rival Campo. Campo, who started the season ranked nationally are now two and four on the year. The Mats started James Vaccaro 16’ who pitched five strong innings giving up only three runs. Connor Casey 13’ threw two scoreless innings to close the game, and once again the Mats were disappointed with their efforts at the plate.

“We just have to start scoring more runs, I think the pitchers did all they could against Campo, we aren’t going to win many games scoring one run,” said Bennett Stehr.  After a big week, the Mats will be given no time to dwell on the loss as they have another busy week, they will take on American Canyon and Dixon High School, both non-league games.