HBO Themed Homecoming Week Premieres at Miramonte

Juliet Adams, Staff Writer

On Monday, October 16, Miramonte students started off Homecoming week by dressing up as Madagascar characters. Miramonte leadership has planned a homecoming Home Box Office (HBO) spirit week. The week includes dress up days and lunchtime activities. On the final day of the week the rally will occur and the homecoming football game against Las Lomas. Finally, the Saturday Night Fever homecoming dance will occur on Saturday, October 21.

The dress up days for Homecoming were announced on Wednesday, October 11 to all fourth period classes by the Miramonte leadership class. Themes for dress up days include Madagascar Monday, Toy Story Tuesday, Mean Girls Wednesday, and Grease movie Thursday. The final day of the week, each class is assigned a different theme according to their grade number and Hunger Games district for the Hunger Games themed rally. Freshmen dress as fishermen, sophomores as farmers, juniors as nerds, and seniors as miners. Although the leadership class keeps upcoming rally information confidential, sophomore Class President Sally Fellner believes that this rally is going to be a thrilling one. “This Homecoming rally is going to bigger and better, like no one at Miramonte has seen before. I’m really excited for the school’s reaction,” Fellner said.

Sophomore Nick Watson shared that he personally loves Miramonte’s dances and is excited for Saturday Night Fever themed dance. “The dances at Miramonte are always fun because I get to spend time with all my friends while having a good time,” Watson said. Leadership has asked all students to come in their disco gear and show off their grooviest moves on the dance floor in the gym. “We went along with the Saturday Night Fever theme because it was a way where people could dress up easily in tye dye or any disco gear. Also with this theme we are going to play a variety of different music besides the usual pop and rap genres. ” senior and ASB secretary Isabel Roth said.

Students are excited for yet another fun homecoming, and can’t wait to see the Matadors show up with their school spirit!